*Negrini gun cases will be featured at banquets throughout the weekend as part of National Pheasant Fest & Quail Classic. Tickets may still be purchased for both weekend banquets at www.PheasantFest.Org.
In total transparency, I’m an upland bird hunter who is very rough with my hunting gear. Not to say that I don’t take care of it, because there is a distinction between the two. Simply stated, my “go anywhere, pursue everything” approach leads to quite a bit of wear and tear on my hunting equipment. I also consider myself to be an “upland junkie” like most bird fanatics are, always on the lookout for the next product or piece of gear designed to last from season to season.
One essential item that I’ve been lacking throughout my travels in pheasant, quail, and grouse country is a shotgun case to protect an essential upland possession, my Ruger Red Label 20-gauge over/under. I’m not referring to a soft case – we all have at least a baker’s dozen– but rather a hard-sided, protective case for traveling cross country with my shotgun of choice for upland bird hunting.
In the fall of 2016, I chose to make an investment in quality by purchasing a Negrini Uplander Hunting Shotgun Case for all of my upland adventures. Whether I’m traveling via airplane to a unique hunting destination or simply driving to my favorite upland hotspot in the state of Minnesota, my Negrini gun case purchase was well worth the investment. Here are a few reasons to consider the Negrini brand for your next gun case purchase:
- Safe & Secure Transport – Traveling by air is not my cup of tea, but it is required for some of the bird hunting adventures I pursue each year. That said, the Negrini Uplander features a slim design, hardened steel combination locks, and a total weight of 5.75 pounds for ease of travel. No longer do hunters need to endure the days of traveling with an over-sized trunk secured with a padlock to protect one’s firearm.
- Room for the “Extras” – Whether I’m chasing ruffed grouse at home or scaled quail in Oklahoma, I always bring a gun cleaning kit and extra chokes to match the quarry and conditions. The Negrini Uplander offers ample room to store extra items with the gun itself, allowing quick access to the upland essentials and alleviating the hassle of having to bring extra luggage on trips.
- Mounting Options – One of the best perks of owning a Negrini Uplander case is the ability to transport your firearm with ease. The case comes with its own shoulder strap which makes it easy to carry in multiple situations, and the slim design allows for it to be mounted to a fat tire bike or other modes of transportation for those of us who like to chase birds off the grid.
- Protecting Prized Possessions – The only thing on this earth I love more than upland bird hunting is my family; this includes my wife, two daughters, and a black lab that lives/breathes to retrieve upland birds. We upland hunt and enjoy the camaraderie of the outdoor life as a family – this means that the days of using soft-sided, zipper gun cases are over. My daughters are still very young, but also overly curious about all of my firearms. The Negrini Uplander case provides extra reassurance that my equipment is safe and secure from the little ones.
- Limitless Options – Whether you’re shooting a side X side, over/under, or a semi-auto shotgun, the Negrini brand makes cases to fit every type and length of firearm. Many of our members also partake in big game hunting (such as myself), and I have plans in the near future to purchase a Negrini case to transport my Ruger rifle during an upcoming spring bear hunt in Ontario, Canada, as well as for future deer hunts in Minnesota and Wisconsin.
The Negrini Uplander Hunting Shotgun Case retails for $389.00 and includes free shipping from the company direct to your doorstep. When I add up all of the finances it took to purchase the other 13 ½ gun cases I own, it made me realize that I should have bought one quality case, a Negrini brand product, from the very beginning to protect my best upland possessions.
For those who’d like to own a Negrini case for the 2017-2018 upland seasons, I would recommend attending one of the 2017 National Pheasant Fest & Quail Classic fundraising banquets. Try your hand at winning one of these great products while at the same time, supporting the conservation work of Pheasants Forever & Quail Forever.
Thanks to Negrini for contributing to the 2017 National Pheasant Fest & Quail Classic – check out all of their products at https://negrinicases.com/.
~Jared Wiklund is Pheasants Forever’s public relations manager and an avid upland hunter throughout the United States. Email him at email@example.com and follow him on Twitter at @wiklund247.